Question

Consolidated Screening List

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I need to be able to use this API for the Consolidated screening list here https://api.trade.gov/apps/store/apis/info?name=ConsolidatedScreeningListAPI&version=v1#tab2.  Does anyone know of way to do this in IFSAPPS9?  It uses Bearer Authentications so uses Access tokens in the API request.

Bascially what I want to do is at time of customer order entry, check to see if the customer is on the list and log that in order line history and give the user a message if it is on the list.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I am giving this bump because I am very interested in figuring out how IFS can handle this. I developed a CSL check in our existing sales order application (custom built) years ago, and we obviously will want that same functionality in IFS.

How does one consume a web service in IFS and give real-time popup messages back to the user when the order is saved? I am not even sure how to give the user a message short of triggering an error, but that prevents the data from saving. Providing a warning in a stream or email is pointless since it could be received well out of context, or too late for the user to do anything.

How are other folks doing checks based on external web services, and how are other folks popping up warnings (not hard error stops) for the user in IEE?

Thanks,

JoeK

Badge +3

You can use custom events for warning pop ups in IEE.  The event action would need to be “Execute Online SQL”.  And I use IFSAPP.CLIENT_SYS.Add_Info to give the users a warning pop up.  This is the code line I use to warn user of quantities.  It still saves the order line.

IFSAPP.Client_SYS.Add_Info('CustomerOrder','Ordered quantity is more than available in inventory.')

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You can use custom events for warning pop ups in IEE.  The event action would need to be “Execute Online SQL”.  And I use IFSAPP.CLIENT_SYS.Add_Info to give the users a warning pop up.  This is the code line I use to warn user of quantities.  It still saves the order line.

IFSAPP.Client_SYS.Add_Info('CustomerOrder','Ordered quantity is more than available in inventory.')

Could have sworn I tried that, but will give it another go. Does this work on every LU? Previous guidance from IFS indicated that Client_SYS can be sporadic in that way? Like I said, I will give it a go -- appreciate the response!

Thanks,

JoeK

Badge +3

I have trouble with it on the customer order header, so yes, it’s sporadic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have trouble with it on the customer order header, so yes, it’s sporadic.

By “trouble with it” I assume you mean it just does not display anything?

I have been testing with a Custom Event on CUSTOMER_INFO (adding new object). Errors work, but Add_Info() does not work. Here is the PL/SQL behind the action:

DECLARE
numPersons NUMBER;
info VARCHAR2(100);
BEGIN
IF UPPER('&NEW:CUSTOMER_CATEGORY') = 'PROSPECT' THEN
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Person_Info_All' INTO numPersons;
info := 'You just entered a Prospect. Number of Persons: ' || TRIM(TO_CHAR(numPersons,'999,999,999,999')) || '.';
--Error_SYS.Record_General(' ', info);
Client_SYS.Add_Info(' ', info);
END IF;
END;

I wanted to make it interesting with an EXECUTE IMMEDIATE, then wanted to display the info. If I comment out the Client_SYS line and uncomment the Error_SYS line, the error displays a dialog box with the info and prevents the save.

But as displayed above, with the Error_SYS line commented out and the Client_SYS line executing, nothing displays for me. (The line is definitely executing, because if I have an error in it I get told about that...).

We cannot depend on a hit-or-miss solution for displaying immediate warnings and informative bits of text for our users, and we use this sort of helpful guidance in literally hundreds of spots in legacy systems.

Does anyone else have ideas on how to display non-error messages to users in a Custom Event? Streams and emails won’t cut it because they are not immediate and synchronous, and we are soon to be deeper into our implementation such that users are not going to be OK losing all of their additional info and warnings to help them perform their jobs efficiently and accurately.

Thanks for the help, hercellis!

Thanks,

JoeK