Question

Compile error -24344 when adding a custom field.

• 13 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I am unable to successfully add a new custom field. When I try and publish I receive an error during the compilation phase. Please see the image shown below. Any hints or tips?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @alanbclark ,

I can not see the Meta Data column in your screen shot but I suspect the error is due to something in the meta data field.  If you could expand your Meta Data column and provide a screen shot of the information we maybe able to locate the issue.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @alanbclark ,

Based on the last part of the error message it is quite likely there is a syntax error in the SQL used in the Read Only field. Can you share the SQL used to have a look?

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It is not a syntax error. The same message appears if I create a persistent field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @alanbclark ,

I would recommend you open a case with IFS.   I am getting the same error when I try to create a custom field on the RecipeStructure logical unit.   We are using IFS Application 10 Update 8 in all our environments.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @alanbclark ,

opening a support case with IFS support would be the way to go as @william.klotz has mentioned. UPD8 seems to have a bug that is later corrected in UPD9.

Cheers.