Solved

Change Password

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

I am trying to change a standard IFS user’s password using Change password option on IEE and running into an issue:

Error message

This works fine if I change IFSAPP’s password but not for any other user granted FND_CONNECT.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Do we need to enable any parameters to make Change password work?

Version: IFS Apps 10 UPD8

TIA!

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 14 September 2020, 16:33

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Are you sure that the old password is correct and the new password you are entering adheres to any password complexity rules assigned to the user?

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try to login to the environment with the specific user or through IFSAPP and try to change it from the window “Users” 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, if the old password is incorrect, it gives me Invalid Credentials message.

This is a brand new environment and there are no complexity rules set.

Standard users are pointing to DEFAULT profile and PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION is NULL;

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Try to login to the environment with the specific user or through IFSAPP and try to change it from the window “Users” 

Thanks, this works fine but Users would like the ability to change their own passwords.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks, this works fine but Users would like the ability to change their own passwords.

I will check more on it whether we need to enable any parameter or permission set to get it done from the login prompt itself.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

That would be great!

I did review the Remember logon credentials related parameters & arguments but did not find anything specific to Change password.

One of our users did try assigning all the Permission Sets connected to IFSAPP, to the standard IFS user but no luck there too. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

If FND_CONNECT is the only permission set granted to the said user “ALTER USER” privilege might be missing from the user. You can check the granted user privileges and grant if it’s missing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

If FND_CONNECT is the only permission set granted to the said user “ALTER USER” privilege might be missing from the user. You can check the granted user privileges and grant if it’s missing.

Hi, 

Thanks for your input. I granted ALTER USER permission to a user at the database level but still can’t change the password.

Command used as SYS:

SQL> grant alter user to <user_name>;

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Hi, 

Thanks for your input. I granted ALTER USER permission to a user at the database level but still can’t change the password.

Command used as SYS:

SQL> grant alter user to <user_name>;

Hi Again,

Can you change the password of one of these users directly from sqlplus?

Connect to the database from the user in sqlplus or plsql developer

ALTER USER MY_USER IDENTIFIED BY NewPassword;
Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This works via SQLPLUS logged in as one of the test users but I still can’t change the password using the Change password option on logon page:

Also, I don’t think users need to be granted ALTER USER role as they will gain ability to change other Oracle user passwords.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I was experiencing the same issue and used the following grants in Permission Sets to allow users to self reset their passwords.

Presentation Objects by Component:

Database Objects:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, same here, the solution found is the same as @cjohnson .

Presentation Objects by Component:

Database Objects:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I have found the change password setting in IFS extremely helpful.