Solved

Cannot send an attachment with command_sys.mail

• 19 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I have got a request from a customer, who is using IFS Application 7.5 to change the attachment name when sending an automated email from the purchase order screen. Unfortunately, with APPS7.5, we don’t have report rules. Unlike in higher IFS versions. We cannot use the ‘PDF_FILE_NAME’ attribute to change the attachment name, as it gets overridden by the core logic. We are not allowed to customize/override the standard code too. But we can implement custom packages and can use custom menus etc.. to come up with a solution.

Since we cannot override and change the standard code, I was trying to implement the same logic from a custom package. Inside the custom logic, it creates a new print job and set the attachment name as what’s requested and using command_sys.mail()  to send the attachment. But it has failed with the below error on the Application messages.

Seems that, it’s failing inside the command_sys. Could you please help me to fix this issue? Can we get this error when the pdf file not present in the pdf archive? Look forward for your help.

Thanks,

Thilani

icon

Best answer by Ragaventhan Sathananda 19 June 2021, 05:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @CedThilaI 

Yes you may get this error due to the PDF not being present in the PDF archive. There is a bug for this (89162). Please log a support case to IFS and get it resolved.