Solved

Can you make CF in Project Invoices in IFS 10 ?

• 20 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I would like to know if you can make CF in the Project Invoices LU ?

It is build on INVOICE_TAB

I can create CF’s in the Invoice LU, and that is also build on INVOICE_TAB, so I don’t understand why this is not an option.

BR Kresten

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 20 November 2020, 12:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The Excluded Logical Units says no.

It is an interesting question because if you look at the underlying view of the Project Invoices screen, which is PROJECT_INVOICE, you can see that the rowkey is pulled through from the INVOICE_TAB with relative ease.  So is there another specific reason why we cannot have custom fields in the ProjectInvoice LU, for example is the screen by design not editable whatsoever?!

I would raise a case with IFS Support to have IFS RnD explain why the ProjectInvoice LU cannot be extended to support custom fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @krestensb 

If you remove the LU from Excluded Logical Units, you should be able to add custom fields in Project Invoice but better to wait for explanation from IFS RnD since there could be a good explanation for exclusion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That’s very interesting.

No reason is given? Why would this LU be excluded and could I break anything trying to remove that row?

BR Kresten

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Like I said, one for IFS RnD to provide you the official answer.

I won’t be advising you to remove that entry or any entry in the Excluded Logical Units.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

That is fair. I’ll ask IFS.

BR Kresten

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I ended up using Customer Invoices Analysis.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We also saw some fields that could be great to have added to the Project Invoice window. We ended up creating an Custom Table and a Custom Menu linked to this new Table. The menu pre-filled the Invoice ID in the table, so like that we made a direct connection for data input.