Question

Business Reporter Emails showing blank excel files when Scheduling Reports

• 21 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

The excel file has an error, and there seems to be some connections to Business Reporter remaining.  If I download the same report from the report archive, it has the business reporter tab and I can export it with conditions to remove the BR connections.  When I email that, the report can be opened with Data and without errors.

Anyone seen this ?

Thanks,

bob

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @engineerbob ,

Please refer the below extract from F1 documentation about how to view BR report sent through a mail. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing IFS Business Reporter Reports Sent by E-Mail

The following limitations apply when sending a IFS Business Reporter report by E-mail when ordered as a scheduled report task:

1. It is not possible to directly view a IFS Business Reporter report attached to the E-mail by double clicking on the attached Microsoft Excel file. This is due to the Microsoft .NET security policy.

The solution is to first save the attached Microsoft Excel file to a local folder before opening it.

Do not save the report to a remote folder that is not shared/trusted.

2. If you are getting an information message when opening the report informing you that the file originates from an internet location and might be unsafe, copy the file to a separate local folder and set that folder as a trusted location for Excel. For more information about trusted locations, refer to Microsoft Office support info.
  3. If IFS Business Reporter Execution Server is not installed and set up, the mail recipients should have IFS Business Reporter client installed to be able to open the report.

The best solution to this problem is to install and set up IFS Business Reporter Execution Server.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below is the path to find the documentation. 

Best Regards,
    Nisansala