Boomi Integration

• 21 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

With the recent announcement of IFS and Dell BOOMI integration I’d love to see real life use cases of how IFS users are integrating systems using BOOMI. For example; Dynamics365 and IFS Apps. 

A white paper on this topic would be really helpful to show users what is possible. 

3 replies

Badge

Hi David.  Apologies for the delayed response, but I’m pleased to have just joined the forum.  I work for Dell Boomi and am responsible for the relationship between Boomi and IFS and would be more than happy to answer any specific questions you or others may have.  I’ve attached a short white paper which highlights some of the concepts behind Boomi and why these are relevant we believe to IFS customers.

More broadly, Boomi provides and iPaaS platform and we connect our platform to applications using our Connectors.  There are both “branded” connectors, which connect Boomi to a specific application, and technology connectors which use standards based approaches where a branded connector isn’t available or required.  Combining these, we’ve connected Boomi’s platform to over 1,500 different applications.  You can see a list of some of the connectors here.

Through our partnership with IFS, we’ll initially deliver 2 connectors, which IFS themselves have developed using our connector SDK.  Firstly, we have a connector for Apps 10, which uses the OData API.  Secondly, we will also deliver a connector for IFS Connect.  Using these, you’ll be able to build processes which connect IFS Apps to any of the other applications we support, which does include Dynamics 365 of course.

Please let me know if there’s anything specific I can answer for you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Sketch Boomi 

We are very interested in this, do you have any more information when the connector in Boomi will be available?

We are a Boomi customer.

Best Regards

Karl Linder

Badge

Hi @karllinder

Good to hear from you.  I can’t give a definitive date, but I do expect the Connectors to be released very soon now - we’re just working through the release cycles for both connectors.  If you have specific, short term requirements, please drop me a PM with your email address and I’d be happy to discuss them.

Peter