Solved

Aurena PO Attachments on Part/No Part Lines

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi

Our PO’s may have documents attached on the header of a PO or on a Part Line/No Part Line.

Using Aurena, if we query a PO and it has attachments on the header, it will indicate this with a counter. 

But if there are documents attached to Part or No Part lines, there is no indication of anything being attached.

It is only by clicking on the each line’s attachment paperclip does it refresh the line with the number of attachments, if they exist. For our managers working from remote sites and using their devices to approve orders, this is  not efficient.

Is there a way to display the attachment numbers right away when a PO is displayed?

We are currently on IFS App 10, update 9, We are being told that we should have an update available for us with in the next few weeks. Not sure if that will make any difference or not.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Thilini Aluthweediya 8 May 2021, 14:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @MDGLBURNS,

I have checked the same in our reference environment and there is no change in this behavior.

PO header shows the attachment number sequence but no part lines does not show any sequence unless we click on it.

So there won’t be any difference in your next update too.

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi MDGLBURNS,

I can observe that the same behavior is presented in other modules also such as the expense sheet window. Hence I believe this is the current standard design but definitely, as you mentioned, this is a behavior that should be improved. Further, I wonder whether we can go for a custom field option where value represented on line level if a document is attached.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi MDGLBURNS,

The way the attachment panel count document works is it need the logical unit and a key (which is to identify this unique record ) passed to get the number of documents attached of this record.

For example a server call get invoked get the number of records  If you click on the header which will shows the  attachments attached to the header. If you click on the child tables (No part lines) then the relevant logical unit passed to get the attachments.  

This is how the current architecture works therefore I assume the above cannot be achieved.

You can try a object connection transformation option if this can be achievable(I haven’t tried this for this scenario) . Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahan