Solved

Aurena Configuration Context Mappings

• 16 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have created 2 new contexts/scopes within Aurena based on job functions for 2 areas within our company. - Invoice Entry & Invoice Authorization.

I am having an issue with context mappings. I know that the attributes that can be used to map a context are: Company, WageClass, Ledger, UserGroup, User.

I have only been able to get the appropriate context to apply when I map with Company and WageClass (which won’t really work for us). And Company, while it does work, won’t really work for us since users in the 2 job functions could be in the same company.

So,for the User attribute, what is considered ‘user’? I have tried Identity/Database ID, Directory ID (we use SSO) and I still cannot get the context to apply once logged in.

For Usergroup, is this referring to a User account usergroups? If so, I have tried USERGROUP = 100 and have had no luck. I even tried a Finance User group just in case...same failed result.

And for the last option, Ledger, I am not sure what that is referring to and where that is assigned or pulling from.

Any help that anyone can provide would  be so greatly appreciated! I have run out of ideas!

icon

Best answer by alicedc91 27 April 2021, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I have created 2 new contexts/scopes within Aurena based on job functions for 2 areas within our company. - Invoice Entry & Invoice Authorization.

I am having an issue with context mappings. I know that the attributes that can be used to map a context are: Company, WageClass, Ledger, UserGroup, User.

I have only been able to get the appropriate context to apply when I map with Company and WageClass (which won’t really work for us). And Company, while it does work, won’t really work for us since users in the 2 job functions could be in the same company.

So,for the User attribute, what is considered ‘user’? I have tried Identity/Database ID, Directory ID (we use SSO) and I still cannot get the context to apply once logged in.

For Usergroup, is this referring to a User account usergroups? If so, I have tried USERGROUP = 100 and have had no luck. I even tried a Finance User group just in case...same failed result.

And for the last option, Ledger, I am not sure what that is referring to and where that is assigned or pulling from.

Any help that anyone can provide would  be so greatly appreciated! I have run out of ideas!

You are looking at the right things. The ‘User’ is equal to the ‘Identity’ and user group is the user group you have in your screenshot. 
Which Upd are you on? There have been a few issues with these mappings.

If you are running SSO, an issue was solved in Upd10, bug id 285201.

Some issues have been reported where you need to have a space between the attribute, operator and value e.g. USERGROUP = ‘100’. 

There was an issue in Upd9 where the cache for User Groups wasn’t properly cleared. If you save the following as a bookmark in your browser, it will clear the cache.

javascript:void(window.location.href = '/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache?USERGROUPS=TRUE');

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for your comments as well confirmation that I was on the right track.

We are on Upd9 currently, with Upd10 to come very soon. There are other issues that are supposed to be resolved for us with this update. 

I do have the formatting of the context condition like you show above, although for company, I have not had to use the quotation marks. I think for the short term we will end up using WAGECLASS as we are not using the HR package and need to get this working asap. Hopefully we will see a resolve when the update is applied so that we can set this up like it should be.

The only question that I still have is regarding the ‘Ledger’ context attribute. I am still not clear about what that is referring to.  

Lorraine

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

You are looking at the right things. The ‘User’ is equal to the ‘Identity’ and user group is the user group you have in your screenshot. 

Some issues have been reported where you need to have a space between the attribute, operator and value e.g. USERGROUP = ‘100’. 

There was an issue in Upd9 where the cache for User Groups wasn’t properly cleared. If you save the following as a bookmark in your browser, it will clear the cache.

javascript:void(window.location.href = '/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache?USERGROUPS=TRUE');

Hi Anmise, 

I hope you are well. I was reading your answer above as my team and I are on UPD9 at the moment and are having issues with the context mapping.

It is a relief to know that there are issues in UPD9 and a bug id which means it’s not us doing something wrong in Aurena, but at the same time it is also a big concern for us as we were planning on rolling out Aurena with two contexts before taking another UPD. 

We are now trying to follow your instructions about clearing the cache in Edge and we can’t figure if it’s working or not. Would you mind explaining that to me a bit more please? What is it that you do exactly to clear the cache?

It would be really helpful if we could make that work in Edge and see if the contexts apply to the users correctly after doing that. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Alice

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Amnise,

I am in the same boat here, we are currently on UPD7 - but working on the update to UPD9, where we are testing Aurena.

USERGROUP is the most logical one for us to use, but also cannot get this to work.  That Javascript, where is this to be executed?

Further, where is the last option, LEDGER looking at?

Arend