Solved

Aurena Clickable Hyperlink Custom Field

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I created a Persistent Text custom field with the Clickable Hyperlink attribute checked. I then set the field to be visible on the page in IEE. After putting a URL in the field the text displays blue with a line under it and ctrl + clicking will launch the browser and navigate to the URL. This is the behavior I would like to see in Aurena as well. In Aurena when I add the field to the page the URL displays as text without looking like a link. Is there a way to make it look and act like a clickable hyperlink?

icon

Best answer by Nuwan.G 26 February 2021, 03:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +3

Hi @ChaGenegP,

Aurena does not support this.  However, you can use a custom command to get this done;

You can find more information here; Adding Custom Commands

Cheers,
Nuwan

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ChaGenegP ,

Please refer to this thread.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I saw the option to setup a ExternalNavigationLink custom command. The issue with that approach is that it is the same URL with parameters for the entire page. I’m working on the Document Revision page and I would like the URL to be different based on the revision that is selected. Unfortunately the URL is entirely different between revisions and not the same base URL that can be customized with parameters. Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Badge +3

This might be difficult to implement only using configurations; one way would be to use a third party service ( Ex: Azure Front Door)  that provides URL redirection to redirect the user to the generated URL;

Ex: 
https://<my-domain>.azurefd.net?url=<my-dynamic-url>

in this case we can use an ExternalNavigationLink custom command and a custom field to store ( or fetch) the dynamic URL and URL redirect service can be configured to redirect to the URL in the query string parameter. 

Then again, this is not a straight forward solution for this issue