Augmented & Mixed Reality

• 14 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

We are a Facilities Management (FM) company in the UK and we are starting to look into the possibility of introducing Augmented & Mixed Reality into our business. 

We have engineers who are using Mobile WO to attend site to fix/repair/investigate issues raised in IFS.

We would be interested in the use of augmented reality headsets such as Hololens to aid the engineers at site with the assistance of expertise back in the offices.

I am looking for companies who have implemented such technology and advice or guidance on this subject area with the possibility of arranging a UK site visit to view in action potentially. 

We are currently using IFS Apps 8, but we have plan to upgrade in 2021 or 2022. 

Regards

Shaun

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@SHAUN_KERSLAKE I would also like to be kept up to date on this subject… 

Userlevel 7

Hello,

We are a Facilities Management (FM) company in the UK and we are starting to look into the possibility of introducing Augmented & Mixed Reality into our business. 

We have engineers who are using Mobile WO to attend site to fix/repair/investigate issues raised in IFS.

We would be interested in the use of augmented reality headsets such as Hololens to aid the engineers at site with the assistance of expertise back in the offices.

I am looking for companies who have implemented such technology and advice or guidance on this subject area with the possibility of arranging a UK site visit to view in action potentially. 

We are currently using IFS Apps 8, but we have plan to upgrade in 2021 or 2022. 

Regards

Shaun

Hi @SHAUN_KERSLAKE

IFS quite recently released Remote Assistance capabilities and have implemented this with Munters. You can have a read about that below. 

https://www.ifs.com/corp/solutions/service-management/remote-assistance/

Understand that you weren't looking for marketing material, but Munters operate in a lot of countries and I'm sure that you could check with IFS UK to see if they might be able to assist with a reference call/visit. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

We, at Østfold Energi, would like to know how this works, and if your implementation was successfull.

Regards,

Heidi Wisur Hansen