Solved

Apps 9 Toolbox Standard Data Migration Jobs

• 15 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I want to bulk upload some new parts (part cat, inv part, sales part), structures & routings.

I though there were some standard CSV formats & migration import jobs as part of  the “Apps 9 Toolbox Standard Data Migration Jobs” that allow you to just prepare the data in a specified CVS format and then upload using a standard migration job. 

Is anyone aware of this? Are there such standard upload CSV templates & jobs? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Marcus.Dinsdale 19 October 2020, 02:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Morning Tom, 

Unsure if this still applies as the questions a month old. But there are indeed Apps9 toolbox jobs, though these were more created to provide a starting point for customers to import ‘general’ records such as parts/customers etc and definitely don’t cover all scenarios.

These include a CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE migration job and matching excel template, a MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA migration job to create the records from the created staging table and (usually) a word document outlining what column within the template/csv file maps to what field within IFS.

I’ll shoot you through a message and share the zip of these with you.

Cheers,

Marcus

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Marcus.Dinsdale  will you be able to share the zip with me as well. I am starting to learn ‘Migration Job’ in IFS and we dont won Excel tool for IFS. will i be able to update some IFS tables using migration job from Excel/Csv?  any doc with example will be helpful for starters. I am taking help from F1 documentation so far. I am in IFS8.