Question

Any IFS customers using WSO2 for integration?

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

We’re currently evaluating WSO2 as a potential new integration platform. I’d like to know if anybody has experience with WSO2 in relation to IFS; in particular IFS Apps 10. I’m aware of the Boomi/IFS partnership and this is already part of our integrations.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Best regards,
JK

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jkmy_semco ,

I have done several prototypes with IFS with WSO2. I also made a WSO2 connector for IFS which integrates IFS with WSO2 using IFS Java access provider SDK. It’s published in github and you can find it in https://github.com/knakit/wso2-esb-connector-ifs

This connector consist of 3 operations which covers all DML operations in IFS using standard logic.

1. Execute SQL statement and retrieve records from IFS
  2. Execute PL/SQL base method for NEW, MODIFY, REMOVE
  3. Execute PL/SQL block and retrieves the values assigned for bind variables

I made some interesting PoC with this connector including a facebook chatbot which can create IFS Service Requests.

Below blog post contains how to build a simple REST api for IFS using the WSO2 connector

https://dsj23.me/2019/08/09/build-a-restful-api-for-ifs-with-wso2-and-knak-it-connector/

Attached herewith is a presentation I made about this connector, how it works and an example (chat bot), hope you’ll find it interesting.

Pls feel free to contact if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +2

Hi Damith,

Thank you very much for this insight. It looks very interesting indeed. Did you also work with the REST/OData interface of Apps 10 in conjunction with WSO2? 

Best regards,

JK

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jkmy_semco ,

Thanks!  I still didn’t get a chance to give a try to connect WSO2 with IFS REST api but it shouldn’t be difficult since WSO2 has default support for address endpoints. If I come with a good example with IFS, I’ll make sure to write about it :sunglasses:

/Damith