Hello community. We want to use the system event NEXT_AUTH_PURCH_ORDER to mail the acknowledger/authorizer. This works, with a new action with adjusted email text. Our version is
However, the authorization setup is done with groups, for example: PROJECTS.
Now the email is sent to all members within the group PROJECTS when a purchase order needs to be authorized. I see 2 ways to have it sent to the specific authorizer (= project manager).
- either a possibility to add a field to the event (if possible, how to do?)
- change the field MESSAGE_TEXT and add information there (if possible, how to do?)
If neither of the above is possible, can anyone tell me where to find the original event in pl/sql so i can create a copy and change that ?
thank you in advance for your help.
Best answer by Randini Jayasundara
Sorry for the delay. Let me explain the solution in the attached thread and how it can be used in your scenario.
Here what you need to do is
- Create a new custom event to send an email to the project manager. Action Type = Email
- Enable the new event and event action.
- Disable the existing Event Action (Action Type = Email) of event NEXT_AUTH_PUR_ORDER
- Create new Event Action (Action Type = Execute Online SQL) for the event NEXT_AUTH_PUR_ORDER. This will call the event C_SEND_MAIL_TO_PM we created above.
- Enable the new event action
This new event will be called next time the System Defined event is triggered.
But I’m sorry I do not know the answer for your second question related to the event NOTIFY_NEXT_AUTH. Posting it as a new question would be a good idea.