Question

Add attributes, parameters and variables to an existing layout in IFS Report Designer

• 25 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I want to add new attributes, parameters and variables from IFS to an existing layout in Report Designer. Is this possible? Does anyone know how?

Thanks!

Best regards

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Yes, you can do it. It’s hard to explain it like this but it’s all there in the documentation. Check the development guide. In summary,

Add report parameters / report text

If the RDF is not generated through the model, you need to add that to the RDF first and then deploy it. Refresh report and dictionary cache. Now when open the report model from IFS Developer Studio you should see the new parameters and text. Add them to the model and generate the XSD schema file. If it’s a fully modeled report where the RDF is generated through the model then you need to add it straight to the model.

Add Attributes

Open the report model from IFS Developer Studio and add the attributes to the model and generate the XSD schema file.

Add to layout

After generating the new XSD open the exciting layout using the newly generated XSD using the IFS Report Designer Tool. Then you can drag and drop the items to the layout.

Adding Attributes using Custom Fields

You can add custom fields to a LU used by the report. Then you can enable then in reports. Open the existing layout from the  IFS Report Designer Tool in the online mode and you should see the custom fields which you can drag and drop. Here you don’t have to modify the report model but RDF change and layout change is need. This is also there in the Documentation, Administration and Configuration Guide.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +3

Hello Chanaka,

Thanks for your answer. How do I get the report model and open it in IFS Developer Studio please? I can’t find details in the documentation.

Best regards,

Shady

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi 

You need to fetch the core IFS Developer Studio project (e.g. Apps10) from the repository and then fetch the modules you want. Then you can open the project from IFS Developer Studio. After opening the project then you can drilll down the modules and there you will find the models and the report models.

Regards,
Chanaka