Question

Account Status Locked When the User Changed Their Password

• 12 January 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

When any user account status is expired, a new password is requested on the login screen. Approximately 3 minutes after the password change, the user account status is locked.

When I watch the sys.user $ LCOUNT value, after 3 minutes, it is as if a trial is being made with the old password in the background.

If you wish, I can publish it in a short video on the subject.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @baris.halici,

What is the current Update level of your APP9 instance?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is it for all users?

Have you tested this using a test user? 

When it has been started this behavior/any recent changes(deliveries..etc)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

make sure the user who is giving this issue is not used in any of your third-party tools or any supportive activities on the application. Also, you may check the listener log or the HTTP access log on which program is trying to access the application after unlocking the account. There could be several answers for such a situation please answer the above questions to narrow down the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The problem may be as you mentioned. 

But the situation is valid for every user account. And no outside requests. I think it's because of the app. But I don't know how to proceed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does the new password contains all required checks for a password. Like Upper case Lower case Numbers and a symbol?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I didn't add any controls. As I mentioned in the title, after the password change, a trial is made from somewhere until the account is locked and the account is locked.

I think it's because trying to login with old password.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @baris.halici 

This needs investigation to find out which application is causing the issue through the logs. Better if you could log a case to IFS Support to get further insights on the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Have you tried setting the password to a basic one with no special characters?

Also, please provide a screenshot of the Oracle profile (of the affected user) as below,

You could check the profile by navigating to the Oracle user window.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Ragaventhan Sathananda 

As per the agreement, we cannot contact ifs world directly.

Hi @Nadeesh Herath 

The problem can be solved if we make all the options unlimited. But the problem is solved as users are not forced to change their expired password.
As per company policy, we want passwords to be changed every 3 months.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Barış,

What is Your Oracle “Verification Function”? Or You use One?  And can you share your Oracle profile ?

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @servetsc,

The "oracle profile" is as follows.