Question

Access to data migration table

• 24 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Does anyone knowwhat needs to be granted for end user to be able to query the table created by migration load job, these tables are created with format IC_XXXX_TAB ?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I have had similar questions/requests on this matter before from customers.  My immediate response is always, why does the end user need to see this table?

From an IFS point of view, this is an internal temporary table that is only accessible to the application owner (IFSAPP) and only used within data migration.  It is not a table that you can just grant to end users within the application.

I have seen ways to get around this but you take the responsibility of potentially exposing sensitive data if not handled carefully from a security point of view.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi and thanks for the reply.

We have some skilled super users that create migration jobs on their own. In  that process it’s good to be able to query the loaded data, sometimes by joining standard views to verify and validate the migration job.

We know that if user have IFS_ALL permissionset granted it is possible to query migation tables also with other users but we have not been able to figure out what grant is giving this access.

Badge +1

If you have access you can try to run the below in the DB:

GRANT SELECT ON IFSAPP.IC_XXXX to PERM_XX

We had hard time trying to figure this out.  The default access is impossible to decipher from the IEE UI. 

“a user with IFSAPP access should run this, but also our policy is to not give this level of access to our customers”