Solved

Invoice generation - populate company specific info based on Customer place

• 4 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We are using FSM 6.3 and need to be able to populate invoices generated via SSRS with company specific data (eg Bank Acc No, Sort Code, Address, VAT no etc..) based on the customer who is being invoiced. 

We have created 3 place records in FSM for the companies (eg DMC-001, DMC-002, DMC-003) These place records hold some of the company specific information (Address, website, phone no etc.. ). 

My questions are:

1. how do I link the company specific place record with the customer place record?
  2. How could I store the bank details for the company specific place record? I have added some attributes to the place record (eg “Bank Name”, “Bank Sort Code”, “Bank Account No” and added the information to these attributes - but is this the best way to do it or is there a better way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Rasnakawewa 1 November 2021, 18:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

On the PLACE screen, there is a places tab,  This is where you relate the company place and the customer place.  The data for that is stored in a table named place_xref.

For the additional attributes, you might consider using user_def fields if you only have a few.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

For your first question , The link among the company place and the customer place can be created using bellow place tab.  There is a separate table for that to be saved.

For the second question,

You can use additional attributes to add those data and it’s the convenient way to manually add records here.