Question

IFS Applications 10 ADFS timeout

• 11 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We are running IFS Applications 10 with authentication using ADFS (sso).

8 hours after logon IFS Applications (IFS EE) crash without possibility to save work first.

This is due to technical limitations in the IFS Client and according to IFS Support it will not be registered as a bug.

The suggested workaround is to change the below parameters in ADFS to delay the timeout.

KmsiEnabled=true
SSOLifeTime=1440

These global settings in ADFS we are not allowed to change (for example due to that will affect a lot other applications using ADFS).

Anyone else facing this problem?

Any suggestions of other workarounds?

Regards,

Björn

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bjoekl,

Check this post on ADFS Single Sign-On Settings.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-fs/operations/ad-fs-single-sign-on-settings

Hope this helps!

Himasha

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We are running IFS Applications 10 with authentication using ADFS (sso).

8 hours after logon IFS Applications (IFS EE) crash without possibility to save work first.

This is due to technical limitations in the IFS Client and according to IFS Support it will not be registered as a bug.

The suggested workaround is to change the below parameters in ADFS to delay the timeout.

KmsiEnabled=true
SSOLifeTime=1440

These global settings in ADFS we are not allowed to change (for example due to that will affect a lot other applications using ADFS).

Anyone else facing this problem?

Any suggestions of other workarounds?

Regards,

Björn

Hi @bjoekl ! Could you get this to work?

One of my customers uses SSO - ADFS (in Azure) - to login to IFS and wants to set a 90 minutes timeout to inactive sessions. I believe it’ll be accomplished by changing something in ADFS, not in the database. Am I right? 

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Elaine Berenguer

Att.,

Elaine