Question

Automatic Case creation via Email

• 6 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

We are using Apps 8, and would like to know if anyone has implemented a solution whereby an email can be sent to a central email address and for IFS to then pick this up and automatically create a call center case. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Shaun

4 replies

Badge +3

Hi

Addovation has a solution for this for App9 (Upd5) and onwards. So it might not help you in the current IFS-installation but for the future it might be something to look in to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZnGEb2UhyU

Regards

Gustaf

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We have wrote an integration to do this for IFS Cloud.

Let me know if you want more information 

Badge +1

We have wrote an integration to do this for IFS Cloud.

Let me know if you want more information 

Hi Mike,

while checking a requirement for a IFS Cloud Prospect, I found your reply that you have implemented a integration to create a case for an incoming e-mail.

Can you provide more information regarding your solution? 

best regards

Andreas

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@SHAUN_KERSLAKE I’ve provided an answer to a similar case in the following community post. Have a read.

Incoming Email from phone system to create a Case in IFS | IFS Community

In your case, it’s not possible to trigger an IFS integration by an email received to an external email server like that if there’s no integration method in between. If your email server can create an external file to an accessible (i.e. a location which is accessible for the IFSMWS) this implementation will be quite simple and straight forward. you can then use IFS Connect (IFS’s default integration broker).