Solved

Lobby Line Graphs Elements

• 22 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the IFS Community so apologies if I’ve posted a question that has already been addressed.

My company is currently running IFS9 update 16 and I’m just exploring a customer request which a lobby would be suitable for. I noticed, however, that when adding a line graph as a new element that the SQL statement when running the debugger is only fetching 100 rows -  (FETCH NEXT 100 ROWS ONLY). This is therefore not showing all the data we need.

I took a look at the options within the element designer and data source designer but wasn’t able to find anything. Essentially we are looking for a line graph to show daily results. Is there anything I can do to overcome this or is this standard within IFS?

Many Thanks,

Dan

icon

Best answer by Novishan Dissanayake 23 April 2021, 21:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Dan,

From what I have seen in lobbies, it is true that “FETCH NEXT 100" is added to the query when you debug, and the main reason behind this is to avoid performance issues. Most of the lobby element types are designed to provide a high-level overview of the data, hence won’t show the full set of a huge data pile.
This limitation has been intentionally actioned as this will avoid the rendering issues in using lobbies. 

As a suggestion, you can use list elements to display huge data sets.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!

Novishan