Solved

WaDaCo Deliver Customer Order - Initializing 45s

• 22 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

When attempting to use the Deliver Customer Order function in WaDaCo, the process takes approximately 45s to start. The screen displays a spinning wheel with the words Initializing Session…

Attempts to resolve:

1. We utilize 7 other WaDaCo processes with no issue. 
  2. Attempted to use default configuration (config 1), both configurations provided the same result
  3. IEE WaDaCo desktop client has the same start-up delay as scan guns
  4. Used multiple scanners

Is there a way to reduce this startup timing?

As always, the help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 23 September 2021, 09:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m guessing its the classic issue when first data item in the configuration is setup as Use Automatic Value = Fixed, turn that off and the system will not spend a lot time trying to find a unique order as the first thing it do.

That setting is only appropriate if you are working with a process where normally it will only be one valid (active) object it could pick up, but as soon as there are many possible objects then its not recommended. Usually you would always want to enter or scan the first data item anyway, so I would recommend to always turn off Use Automatic value for the first data item in most configurations. 

Unfortunately some of the template configurations have that as its default setting for most data items including the first data item. It looks like this process is one of them.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you! This solution resolved the issue I was having. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Just glad that it helped, its a tricky one, in a small database that setting is not an issue, but if you have thousand of possible objects it can be very slow and unnecessary to have it set that way.