Question

Rename the operational reports

• 15 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Today when I send an operational report (OA) to my e-mail the file gets the name CUSTOMER_ORDER_CONF_REP_39XXX. Is it possibly to have the filename be for example the order number?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Are you in APP9 version earlier than UPD17?

Or are you in APP10, in a version before APP10 UPD9?

What is the process you use to email the report? Is it not the Print dialog’s email option?

Reason for asking above is, after F1 bug 116342 , which gave the freedom of defining attached file name to IFS product teams (via new PDF_FILE_NAME)… Supply chain group modified most of their reports to use the ‘Report name_Object ID’  (instead of ‘Report Name_result key’) via bug 151107.

Supply chain bug 151107, which went for APP9UPD17 and APP10UPD9, will make your order confirmation report PDF attachment look like below. I have used the print dialog for customer order confirmation to generate below.

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @AsankaGaru ,

Would you happen to know how to rename an operational report when generated, like the question above is asking for, for IFS Cloud? We currently use the ReportId_ResultKey format. I haven’t been able to change the name for when its generated, but by using a report rule, I can change the name of the document, but this is only for internal IFS reference and not for when you print the report out or email it.

Thanks,
Bryan