Solved

Pack according to packing instruction

• 15 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi All,

Im trying to use the RMB 'Pack According to Packing Instruction' from the Inventory Part in Stock window, but it is greyed out.

From the looks of it, the only reason i can think of is because it is an 'Arrival' location type. This is the same for location types of 'Quality Assurance’.

Am i correct or am i missing something here? Any thoughts?

We are using Apps10, UPD 11.

Regards,

Arunalu

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 15 September 2021, 17:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Arunalu , I checked this (App10 UPD9) the RMB is greyed out indeed for the 2 location types you mentioned. 

For location type Picking the option is available even if the Packing Instruction has to be created new. 

Then I checked the prerequisites for the this option. It dosen’t say anything about the location type though. I think only point 2 from this applies to you, and your screenshot tells me you have fulfilled it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Additionally @Arunalu , if we go with the definitions for Arrival and QA locations (intended for QA / arrival staging right?) I think it makes sense not to enable Packing (as opposed to Picking location definition) in my view

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Additionally @Arunalu , if we go with the definitions for Arrival and QA locations (intended for QA / arrival staging right?) I think it makes sense not to enable Packing (as opposed to Picking location definition) in my view

Hi @EnzoFerrari, thank you for your quick response.

Yes, i was thinking the same and just wanted to check in and see if there was anything else that im missing.

Thanks and regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If the parts in ARRIVAL location, is connected to a Purchase Receipt, Connecting those to Handling Units is possible via Receipt window although same is not allowed in Inventory Parts in Stock window.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If the parts in ARRIVAL location, is connected to a Purchase Receipt, Connecting those to Handling Units is possible via Receipt window although same is not allowed in Inventory Parts in Stock window.

Thank you @Rangi Wijewardana for this. In your opinion, any particular reason as to why it is enabled in Receipt but not in Inventory Part in Stock window?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Good point @Rangi Wijewardana , I had overlooked PO receipts yesterday when I was testing to respond to @Arunalu’s post. 

I think @Arunalu should select @Rangi Wijewardana ‘s answer as the best one here :relaxed: More than one occasion, I have relied on her knowledge in HUs, Packing Instructions and ASC in general. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks @EnzoFerrari for the heads up. Appreciate it. Yes, as soon as i figure out how to change the best answer option, ill do this. Thank you @Rangi Wijewardana for your help as well.