Question

Notify Me Background Jobs

• 18 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 33 replies

We recently moved from Apps 10 Update 5 to Update 11 and since then ourbackground job queue has been flooded with Notify Me jobs, mainly for purchase reqs. Today I’m over 26k jobs.

Is there a way to disable/configure these? Or is my only option to banish them to another background queue so they don’t clog things up as much?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Lane ,

We had a simular issue when we upgraded to IFS 10 Update 8,  We disabled all the Notify Me events right after the upgrade then later enabled only the Notify Me events we were interested in receiving.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yeap, if you have lots of PO Reqs generated from MRP each night you can drown in all these Notify Me jobs. It has a negative performance impact on system level as well. So I like Williams approach.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Lane , @william.klotz 

I just moved our DEV system and now 1000+ Notify Me background jobs are being created.

Did you ever figure out why? What was your fix?

Thank you,

Bruce

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@arebbeadle look in event actions at the ones with the description starting with Notify Me. Then disable the event actions for items you don’t want. There are some base events for Notify Me that you want to leave active.

We run MRP twice daily and have forecast in the system for 6 months out. Our business uses a lot of fresh produce so it generates a lot of purchase reqs.

-Lane