Question

move inventory from one site to another in a different company

• 5 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Kindly I am trying to move stocj from one site incomany 1 to another in company2 byt system give the attached error about unvebtory cost may not 0 in the to Site. is there any reason or solution for it?

Best Regrds,

Bilal Drayi

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The settings in Company 2 require that inventory have a value other than zero.  This requires that the cost be set for the part in Company 2 according to the costing method.  If that is Standard Cost, then the item must be assigned a standard cost. If it is Weighted Average, the cost must be started through a receipt or other mechanism to give the average a starting value.

Just moving inventory does not directly assign the cost in the receiving site if it has never been set.  Straight moves between companies are not advisable without evaluating all of the financial aspects of the move.  (Cost matched, currency, ownership, etc)  This is the reason the transactions are more often performed as PO-CO.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for your reply.

Both companies have average cost, the item has cost in both companies, every company has different currency. PO-CO doesnt work properly like in the same company as it makes JVs like cost of goods in the shipping company and receipt with purchase order type in other company.

The currency should be the same?

warm regards,

Bilal Drayi

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I agree with @ShawnBerk ‘s suggestion. 

@bldrayi , the currency need not be the same. To learn more about Intersite / intercompany setup, this thread has a very good document. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

On Inventory Part > Costs > Inventory Value tab, RMB on the Unit Cost line and go to Modify Cost Level Details.  What is shown for the cost buckets?

Then on Inventory Part > Misc Part Info > what is the setting of the Zero Cost flag?

If the part in DB has cost for unit cost, then the transaction is being blocked because of another parameter.  I notice that the item is part of a batch in site DW, but only qty 1 is being transferred to DB.  It may have something to do with the costing at the batch level as well.  Check all the settings and confirm they are as expected.

Has a straight move been used in the past for inventory transfers or is this the first attempt?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

This is the first move to DB site. let me know , the cost bucket is 110, the other infor from inventory is as follows

Best Regards,

Bilal Drayi

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

As we are transferring from a site in one company i to another site in a different company (from site PW in company KSA30 to site PD in UAE30) system ask to have payment terms for customer PD at he time incomin gcustomer order approval. should i define that customer PD in 2 companies?

Best Regards,

Bilal Drayi