Question

Mass issue inventory part

• 17 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

How is possible to do a mass issue inventory part? I not belive that it is only possible part by part….

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Do you mean issuing on a shop order like backflush? - this can be done for the entire shop order

Or issuing a large number of parts directly out of inventory to a project? - this can only be done part by part

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

Usually, the system automatically registers the issues from inventory for customer orders or shop orders. If you need to enter issues manually, it can be done in ‘Issue inventory part’ window and that would be part by part.
If it is an issue of parts for internal use, you can use the ‘Material requisition’ window, where multiple lines can be selected and issued at once.

Hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Malsha

Badge +1

Thanks, Sorry I’m new user and what I need is a simple window when I canpaste for example 15 items and change inventory.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Pawel , we use a Custom event in IFS that automatically issue parts to the project as soon as we receive the PO lines. Thereby we reduce the cost of maintaining a stock. Perhaps you are looking for something like that? Is your goal too is to minimize inventory maintaining cost? If yes, your Technical support team might be able to create a similar customer event for you.

Otherwise I would recommend issuing one by one as the community colleagues above suggested.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Asela Munasinghe, can you please share your Custom event that you have configured to issue parts to Project automatically.

Thanks in Advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Abdul I no longer have specific details since I am not working for that IFS customer, sorry.

But your Technical support team might be able to configure a custom event to trigger the RMB ‘Transfer to Project Inventory’ from the window ‘Inventory Part in Stock’ as soon as a receipt has been made. (or the RMB ‘Issue’ from the Project Navigator > Demand > Misc.Parts, depending on your business requirement)