Question

List of available locations

• 2 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

A step of the putaway algoritm is to list all possible locations where a part could be stored. Could we see that list?

So if I receive a part, I want to have a list of all possible locations where that part could be stared (so matching capacities, capabilities, enough free space, etc)

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

For the putaway process to happen with a selective set of locations when you select the receive case ‘Receive into Arrival, Perform Putaway’, you need to have, 

1. Storage Zones defined
  1. Inventory Locations setup

1. Define the Putaway Zones in Inventory Parts according to the Rank

If you don’t have it defined at part level and no Storage Zones, a list of all locations should show up

Under F1 Documentation, ‘Inventory Putaway’ topic provides comprehensive information on this. 

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @EnzoFerrari , thank you for all the effort!

I think it’s more likely that I don’t understand the answer :-)

In my understanding, the ‘Inventory Part Putaway Zones’ gives you all possibles locations, but it doesn’t take into account if the location is allready full or not. So you might have 10 possible locations for a part, based on the parameters you defined, but 6 of them are allready full so are useless if we want to store a new incoming part.

Also, if capabilities are defined, it still gives the complete putaway zone even with mismatching capabilities between part and locations.

Where is my mistake in this logic?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

As It doesn’t seem that simple to get the list, can we get somewhere a list of the free space per location?

We can calculate it by looking at the total capacity per locations and volume of the parts in stock, but I would think IFS allready did it somewhere as this info is also needed for the putaway algoritm.

Problem that we have is that the UoM for almost every part was set-up incorrectly. The UoM was custom defined, and not set as discrete. So the putaway algoritm will split a part if it needs different locations, which is not possible in reality and makes the algoritm useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are you referring to Purchase Receipts only?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

yes, purchase receipts only

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Thanks!

I have the putaway function working, however I would like to see all possible locations.

If I remove the Putaway zone from the inventory part, I get the error ‘Inventory part XX one site YY does not have any operative Putaway zones”?

(Using IFS 10, not aurena)

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Looks like this is not possible in IFS. At least, I can’t find it.

Might be worth adding this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@First Employee , apologies if you think that I didn’t get your full question. 

In my understanding, ‘Inventory Part Putaway Zones’  screen (mentioned in my 1st reply above) does that job of showing all the locations you want per part. 

If you are thinking of an overview page for all locations available for all parts, I don’t know anything else in IFS but ‘Inventory Locations’ . There you can query by specific criteria. 

In general, when our business is performing putaway during receipts, my colleagues have never raised the need for such a page in IFS since we can get an LOV with available locations. 

I beg your pardon if I couldn’t fully solve your query. You may contact IFS Support directly if you think this dosen’t help. 

Enzo