Question

Cycle Counting on Shop Order Items

• 7 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

When pulling a cycle count report, it’s including parts that have been reserved.  Is there a way to eliminate anything in reserved status?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Tenecia.Seeley I think it’s fundamentally incorrect if a counting report / cycle counting overlooks reserved stock. I looked under the ‘Exclude stock’ in create count report, there’s no such option to exclude reserved stock. 

Enzo

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

additionally @Tenecia.Seeley , please see the last reply on this thread (note that the correct answer chosen is actually not correct) 

My point is, the last reply actually elaborates that even if you need to count out the reserved quantity, IFS won’t let you do so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Tenecia.Seeley , did my reply help? Please let me know, thanks and happy weekend!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I understand the reply.  However, what I am asking is how do we successfully count items that are sitting reserved on a workbench that a user has in hands and is working on?  It does not seem logical that a person who is counting an item is expected to walk to each and every desk to determine what they have on their desks or not.  Is there another option to show, in the cycle count, which items are reserved and not techincally just sitting on a warehouse shelf?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Tenecia.Seeley , not that I know of. 

@Tharindu Illangasinghe , probably you can add something here with regards to reservations at the shopfloor workbench? :relaxed:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Tharindu Illangasinghe do you have any advice to offer on this topic?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Tenecia.Seeley I had a look on this. Looks like no option available to skip the Reserved quantities from counting in the standard application. I believe you will have to go for a customization here.
Sorry being late.