What options are there to ship box 1 of #

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What are my options in APPS10 to handle a customer order with multiple order lines if we need to ship the items in multiple boxes? Is there a way to track in IFS how many boxes shipped? Currently our Parts department determines how many boxes are needed when they are picking/packing the items. They want a packing list for each box but right now we just put a copy of the delivery note in each box. Any suggestions? Are there any demos?

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@arebbeadle first define the boxes as a Handling Unit category window 

Then define them in the Packing Instruction window according to how they are packed

Have the customer connection at Default Packing Instructions for Cos window

In the Shipment lines window RMB to  manual reservations, there you can select how many boxes are shipped if they are defined as Handling Units in IFS. Reserved Qty will show that number

Then you many use this RMB before proceeding with Shipment flow

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thank you, we ship mostly small service parts to our dealers like key sets, wiring harnesses and we don’t know what size of box we will use up front. Does each part have to get an HU assigned at the Part Catalog? What if I just want to put a set of keys in the same box that we user to ship the harnesses? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@arebbeadle , yes in the Part catalog we can define the no of parts per a Handling Unit. Defining size is optional in the Handling Unit Category window. 

Packing multiple parts in a single HU is an interesting situation and I haven’t really looked in the application for that, sorry.

And here’s the demo you requested in IFS. Basic Bata, CO and Shipment are well explained in this.

What might be important to note here is that there’s no way to return empty HUs in the standard application unlike the ASC extension. Apart from that, HUs can be used in inventory, reserved, moved and counted just like inventory parts. I’ve also seen customers who use HUs in their day to day business, but don’t really see a need to define in IFS. :)