Question

Transport Task - Customer Order

• 16 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Good Morning Community, 

Is there a way to create a Transport Task within a Customer Order in either the planned or released status that allows for a direct Peg to be achieved?  I see an order Ref option in the Transport Task screen but cannot get a direct connection.  This could also apply to Work Orders or Shop Orders as well.

Thank You

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

You would first have to reserve the parts against the Customer Order or Shop Order and perform the “Move with Transport Task” option from Inventory Part in Stock Reservations. This then recognizes that parts are reserved against an Order and populates the Order Type and Order Ref1 as appropriate. 

“Move Reserve Stock” on the site should not be set to “Not Allowed”. 

Hope this helps! 

Chris

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Chris, will this allow you to get inventory from another site?  Or is this in the same site?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@ChrisH Can you please elaborate on the above question?  This was buried and has recently come back to light for us.

Badge +1

Hi JStack,

Apologies - I missed your reply back. 

If you have material in stock that is reserved against a customer order, you can only perform a Transport Task against the reserved stock within the same site. 

If you have material on another site that you wish to reserve against a customer order, you would have to transfer the material inter-site first. 

Does this help?

Thanks,

Chris

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Tanks Chris, 

One last question for now.  On Intersite PO’s, when Site A buys from site B what comes over on the Sell price to Site A?  Is it Unit Cost or List?

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi,

This depends on the set up of the intersite process and Inventory Parts. I've seen it come through at Unit Cost, Standard, Cost+ to name a few. 

Thanks,

Chris