Solved

Transaction Revaluation Events

• 20 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 346 replies

Could someone advise where I would be able to view the 1363 transactions that have been updated here, please?

Thanks

Linda

icon

Best answer by Jane Perry 27 January 2023, 23:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This screen shows the PO that created the Revaluation.  It comes from Supplier Invoice Entry and is because the Part is setup as Weighted Average with Transaction Based.

From Inventory Transaction History you can see there are 67 records for PO P10171.  Click on the Accounting tab and you’ll see the Revaluation Event ID.

Please advise if this helps and/or if you have any other questions.  Thanks!  Jane

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, Jane, but my Transaction Revaluation comes from a Shop Order not a Purchase Order. 

If I look at the Inventory Transaction History for the SO I only get 3 records

If I search Inv Txn Hist for the part, I only get 79 records

Is there somewhere/something else that applies for Shop Order transactions, do you know?

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Linda.  I’m going to work with SO 200958 in this CORE environment.

From Inventory Transaction History, I’m querying for Order No 200968.

This returns 13 records

Click yes on the above message and then click on the Accounting tab and here you’ll see the different revaluation records.

Scroll through the other SO’s and you’ll see other revaluation records.

The part that the SO was created for is Weighted Average - Cost Per Part so because it’s WA is why the part is being revalued.  Normally you would see the revaluation for Purchased Parts when WA - Transaction Based.

Please advise if this helps or if you still have questions.  If you still have questions, you should enter a case to IFS so that it can be investigated for you.  Thanks!  Jane

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thank you, Jane.  ~We do run Weighted Average so I understand the revaluation.  What I’m not clear on is where I can see the 1363 transactions that have been updated.  

When I follow your steps and query for the Order No, I am returned 3 records...

The first of which returns two rows updated

The second of which also shows two rows updated

The third was a transaction from today - obviously after the revaluation event so not impacted.  So this is only (as I think I understand it) 4 “Transactions Updated” not the 1363 I am trying to find. 

However, you did lead me to look at running a query in PL/SQL (see below) because we do have some inventory transactions in error (Status 99).  The reason they are in error is because they are Project Inventory transactions and these Projects have been closed.  

I did think this would be a ‘hurrah’ moment where I found my elusive 1363 transactions all in one place.  However, the query has only returned 242 records.  

SELECT * FROM MPCCOM_ACCOUNTING WHERE trans_reval_event_id = 274160

So I‘m nearly there but not quite.  We are on Apps9 so no option to raise a case to Support I’m afraid - hence why I posted on here.  

Any other suggestions/clues much appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Linda.  I remembered I had a case for this same question about ‘Revaluation Events - Revaluation Event ID 447 updated 1164 transactions, but I only find 12.’  It was an APP9 case but the functionality is/was the same.

This was the help text for the Number of Transactions Updated column:

“Indicates the number of inventory transactions that received additional postings due to this cascade update trigger event.”

For that case, I created a task to RnD and they responded saying - 

We investigated your issue and it’s the HELP text that is misleading.  Actually this count is number of transactions visited to check whether related transactions need any additional postings due to cascade update trigger event. 

Based on RnD’s response, that number of records was not updated.  It’s the number of records viewed for update.  I am asking RnD if they can change the help text. 

RnD did update the help text to “Indicates the number of inventory transactions that got evaluated for additional postings due to this cascade update trigger event.’  It looks like they should update the column name as well.  I will request this but it will be in a future enhancement request that this change is made.

I hope this helps but please advise if there are any other questions.  Thanks!  Jane

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Jane

We are also Apps9.  This is great news to hear I’m not losing my marbles in trying to find updated transactions that don’t exist!  Many thanks for sticking with me on this.  Most helpful.

Regards

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Linda.  I’m glad I was able to help with this.  Thanks!!  Jane