Solved

Moving Reserved stock using Putaway

• 27 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As you know Refill Putaway creates Transport Tasks (TT). These TT lines always consider the units which does not have any reservation in the inventory. But we have a requirement now to Putaway already reserved parts from one location to another using TTs. (Moving Reserved Stock is allowed in the site)

Ex: LOC-1 has 10 parts > 8 units have a CO reservation, 2 units are available.
We want to move the entire 10 units (irrespective of the 8 reserved units) to LOC-2 using a TT which is created by the Putaway logic  

Note: 10 parts are inside an HU

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 30 September 2021, 13:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura when you have the setup for ‘Move Reserved Stock’ to ‘allowed’ at site level, dosen’t it work when you execute the TT (including HU)? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @EnzoFerrari,

No. It only decides whether we can move reserved stock. Yes of course I can move them manually. But here, the TT reservations from the Putaway should move the entire stock.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura , ok. 

My understanding was that it works for both manual part movements as well as movements through TTs. So you are saying executing automatically created TT lines will fail when you have reserved amounts within that lines right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@EnzoFerrari , it is not a problem of moving the reserved stock. When Putaway creates the reservation for the TT, it only considers the remaining qty. But since we want to move the stock with the reservations, how Putaway makes the reservation here does not help to move as the requirement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

RnD, confirmed on solution 296696, this cannot be supported. 

“..development of a function to move total amount of Parts(Reserved +Available) with Handling Unit to the Storage Zone by an Automatic Refill is quiet complex and out of the scope of Support. It will be more or less, an enhancement which will be out from the RnD Support.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura, for some reason its not externally displayed. Could you please share here the test plan used, for the purpose of learning? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@EnzoFerrari 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks Vimukthi

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, this is an issue that I have discussed with RnD few years back. Putaway does not move reserved parts, not even in IFS Cloud. Actually I think it has gotten a bit worse in Cloud, I think it is now even not possible to create the Transport Task for reserved material -  I might be wrong here, though.