Question

Hold Customer Order to Ship Complete

• 13 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We have a scenario where we want all items on a customer to ship at one time. I have found the setting on the customer order and customer where you can restrict split shipments per line, but I can’t find anything that’s for an entire order. 

For example the order has 5 lines, we have 3 of the lines in inventory and the other 2 are PO Transit, we do not want to ship the customer order until all 5 lines are fully reserved. 

Has anyone else ran into this scenario? If so how are you handling it?

We’re on IFS10 UPD13. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @SaraCrank Have you already modified the Backorder Option to ‘No Partial Deliveries’?

This is found in the Delivery Information subtab on the Customer Order.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @astfarazt - My understanding of that option is that it works on a per line basis and not the overall order. There’s a good chance I’m wrong as it’s been a while since I played with those settings. I’ll do some testing in one of our alternate environments. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @astfarazt - My understanding of that option is that it works on a per line basis and not the overall order. There’s a good chance I’m wrong as it’s been a while since I played with those settings. I’ll do some testing in one of our alternate environments. Thanks!

It works for the entire Customer Order.  When you attempt to Create the Pick List on the Shipment, your background job will go into a Warning status (assuming you do not have Online Processing checked nor an Optional Event on the Shipment to Release Quantity not Reserved).

The background job will indicate that Partial Deliveries are not allowed for this Customer Order.  

If you run into any issues, please comment back here.