Question

Expense Inventory Parts

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I understand the concept of Expense Inventory Parts, but I am a little confused why there would be a need for a Part Transfer Template for Expense Parts. I mean, you can’t designate an Engineering Part as expense, and normal functionality (for the engineering transfer) is that Buy parts with no structure automatically pick up the Purchased Raw Part Transfer Template.

I guess that you could manually select an Expense Part Transfer Template (if one was created) on the Engineering Revision Transfer screen, but personally I can’t see the need. Does anyone create Engineering “expense” parts and use an Expense Part Transfer Template? If so, how do you use it?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I think I may have answered my own question. I wonder if it used when parts are re-transferred after the engineering part revision is up-revisioned. The engineering transfer picks up the fact that the inventory part is set as “expense” and therefore it needs to use an “expense part transfer template” to transfer the part again. I guess an expense (engineering) part could re up-revisioned but it would be rare, but that's the only use-case I can think of.