Question

Work Order View Permissions

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Is there a way to allow users to create fault reports but prevent them from entering the "prepare work order" page?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Is there a way to allow users to create fault reports but prevent them from entering the "prepare work order" page?

Hi @KevinLach , I’m not sure if the permission is the same for fault report and prepare screen but one thing you can do I think is hiding the Prepare screen for the user profile.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @KevinLach,

Both screen calls the method “ACTIVE_SEPARATE_API.NEW__” when creating a new record hence it is not possible to set "prepare work order" to read only keeping Fault report Editable. Then like lopespetro said above you can hide the direct access from the navigator to prepare screen but user still can go to it via RMB> Prepare in Fault report.

Regards,

Kasun

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you both for your reply. I’ll try the ‘hide access’ approach and see if it is acceptable for the company.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thank you both for your reply. I’ll try the ‘hide access’ approach and see if it is acceptable for the company.

Hi @KevinLach, I havent’t tested yet but maybe you can block using custom event. give it a try and see if it works.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

It is even possible to hide the RMB from the profile:

Please be aware that you can change this on the base profile, but still it will be much work to manage and maintain this.

Good luck

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I had no idea that you could do that. I’ll run it by my team members and see what they think about it. Thanks for your suggestions!