Solved

WIP Reversal for WT Material

• 23 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have setup work task cost codes and rules to reverse WIP at CO Line Invoiced and I am only doing this for material.  When I issue material on a work task I see the cost code.  I then transfer inventory and update the GL.  I then proceed to invoice the Work Task and post the customer invoice.  I then re-run the transfer inventory (and reposting job) but I am not see the WIP getting reversed.  If I manually release WIP and Check and Update accounting, this works, but I need the automatic to work.  Has anyone had this issue with Work Task Material (M50)

icon

Best answer by Thommy 29 September 2022, 12:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I had a chat with a collegue of mine on this. It could be that the non-invoiceable can effect this (even though it shoudn’t).

What I would suggest is to create a support issue on this, so we can do a proper investigation to see what is stopping these material lines from being reversed from WIP.

That would be the best way forward.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ctaylor56,

Since manually release WIP and Check and Update accounting is working, the setup is correct.

My guess that why it isn’t working is that the WIP condition isn’t met.

WIP Reversal Condition - CO Line Invoiced : WIP will be reposted and transferred to final accounts when the customer order line is invoiced

Are you certain that the CO is in status Invoiced?

Your question is tagged with App10 - what update are you on?

UPD 14 is the update.  But you had me thinking, these material lines are set as non-invoiceable.  Would that be the issue the condition is “not being met” and not auto reversing? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @ctaylor56,

Since manually release WIP and Check and Update accounting is working, the setup is correct.

My guess that why it isn’t working is that the WIP condition isn’t met.

WIP Reversal Condition - CO Line Invoiced : WIP will be reposted and transferred to final accounts when the customer order line is invoiced

Are you certain that the CO is in status Invoiced?

Your question is tagged with App10 - what update are you on?