Question

Notifications (Banners, Sounds, Badges) not working for Notify Me on iOS

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Just started testing Notify Me on iOS (both IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 and IFS Notify Me 10).  Everything works except the app itself does not trigger a notification (Banners, Sounds, Badges) on the phone when a new notification is pushed to the app.   What am I missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• IFS Apps 10 Update 13 On-Prem w/IFS Touch Apps Server 10.13.344.0
  • IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 v10.17.1381.0
  • IFS Notify Me 10 v1.0.4
  • iOS 16.1.1 on iPhone SE
  • Notifications enabled for both apps within phone settings
  • Local Network and Background App Refresh enabled for both apps

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

First check your installed device app in the Solution Manager and make sure you have Push Enabled flag set to TRUE for your device/app. Below is a sample screen from the Aurena web and same is available in IEE. 

If above is active, then you can verify notification by preforming ‘Send Notification’ from the installed device app. Below is a sample screen from the Aurena web and same is available in IEE.

You should get a popup notification. If not next is to check the Device logs from Aurena and you will see the root cause. 

Badge +2

Thank you for the reply!

I found the following error in the device log:

Sending Push Notification: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

More searching indicates this is likely an issue with Java not trusting certs from our in-house CA. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63482370/unable-to-find-a-valid-certification-path-to-requested-target

Unless someone happens to know how to fix this in Apps 10, I’ll need to reach out to IFS support to find out the proper way to add our in-house CA to Java across all of our instances.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Possible reason for this error, because of MWS has wrong TAS downlink URL in the Push Settings (mobile_push_settings_tab) or MWS cannot talk to the SSL enabled TAS URL. This is the URL MWS call to send Push notifications to devices. If you have SSL setup, then should use the correct URLs when install the TAS.  One of the step in TAS installer asking you to enter URLs and need to set site URL correctly there which is used by the MWS. To fix the issue, you will need to re configure your TAS.

Link to the Installation Guide: 

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/030_touch_apps/010_touch_apps_server/020_tas_installation/hidden_itd/060_iis.htm?nobanner=true