Question

Location Address field length

• 21 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

IFS offers an Address Setup in which the field length of the address fields can be changed. The fields are 100, by default limited to 35, but these can be changed. However, there seems no Address Setup for the Location Address. And the Addres1 field in the Location Address is per default 35 and this is too short for some street names in the Netherlands. Anyone ran into this issue and suggestions how to solve it?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The link explains the usage of address 3, 4, 5 and 6, and it exp[laisn the address setup (address dialog) but I don't see how I can change address3 field length (e.g. from 35 to 50). Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Drausenhaus 

Hope this may help

Address Presentation | IFS Community

Regards
shan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Shan, so Address3 field length can be adjusted?

How can I do this :-) ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi  @Drausenhaus 

We are understand your requirement. but, currently our research and development team states that Address Lines (3,4,5,6) can increase its character length up to 100 while address lines 1 and 2 will have the character length of 35.

however this can be posted as an request for future development.

Regards
​​​​​​​Shan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thank you all for the suggested solution. However, it feels strange to use these kind of work arounds when address1 is 100 but I can only use 35. There should be an option to use the field length when needed, shouldn't it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Drausenhaus 

As ​​​@Mirali mentioned, you can extend the address lines up to 6 by using Address Presentation Configuration

Address Presentation Configuration

if you set Address -Row as zero, then the relevant address line is hide. if you set a value for that it displays in the given order.

Hope this may help for store long addresses

Regards
shan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Drausenhaus 

As you correctly said, Address field has a limit of 35 characters but you can use Address 1, Address 2, Address 3, Address 4 as well to fill the same Address.

Lets say your address is “1313 Mockingbird Lane, Center 19-A/1 Pechs Block# 30 Main Miran Shah Road, Opposite Abc Bank”

You can enter it as mentioned below,

Address 1: 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Miran

Address 2: Center 19-A/1 Pechs Block # 30,

Address 3: Main Miran Shah Road

City           : Rotterdam

You can increase addresses by configuring it in Address Presentation window.

I hope it will resolve your query.

Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Please enter the address you are dealing with. Also mention the elements in the address such city, state,/province, zip/ postal code etc