Solved

License problem in IFS Aurena Scan It

• 13 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi

Can anyone help us to resolve below issue?

Case 1 - Customer 1:

IFS 10 UPD 9

Touch Apps Server ver: 10.9.288.0

Scan IT ver: 10 1.0.0

IFS Aurena Scan IT version on mobile device: 10.15.1367.0

Print Screen with licenses:

In case of Customer 1, when selecting a barcode scanner using a phone camera, you can easily scan barcodes on IFS Aurena Scan It

And everything works

Case 2 - Customer 2:

IFS 10 UPD 13

Touch Apps Server ver: 10.13.344.0

Scan IT ver: 10 1.0.0

IFS Aurena Scan IT version on mobile device: 10.15.1367.0

Print Screen with licenses:

In case of Customer 2, when selecting a barcode scanner using a phone camera I get below error

error details:

Rather, I exclude the problem of the application and the issue of the device, because in both cases it was done on the same application and the same device with Android 11 (my Xperia 5 phone). Client 2 has the same error on other devices.

Why am I getting this error? what licenses can it be?

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 13 April 2022, 12:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The error is occurring due to somebody setting the ScandIt Licence key for the Scan It app in Application Parameters. You can read about it here:

Application Parameters (ifs.com)

The Scan It app has 2 barcode scanning solutions provided with it. A free one and a licensed one. For most customers the free one will work just fine. But for some customers they need a paid solution so we include the capability for the customer to purchase a ScandIt licence and place the license key in the relevant application parameter field - based on the device OS the customer is using. When the license key parameter has a value the app will attempt to validate this with ScandIt on first usage. If the license key is invalid you get the reported error.

If you clear the application parameter field and initialise the app you will revert to using the free barcode scanning option within our app.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks very much, it works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Some additional information that might be good to know. If I remember this correctly the free barcode solution (Zing) and its camera scanner has some limitations when it comes to reading multi-dimensional barcodes like some GS1 barcodes, so then we have this option to use the 3d party Scandit solution which requires a separate license key you get from that company. Scandit handles multi-dimensional barcodes including GS1 barcodes. 

Also if understand the above conclusion you find and change this key in Application Parameters if you are using the  IFS Aurena ScanIt app for Apps10, but if you are using the other (older) android app IFS ScanIt for Apps10 this license key is instead saved in the basic data for Data Collection Basic Data page.