Question

How to purchasing or consuming the spare part on the maintenance order?

• 4 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello all,

I added a spare part  to a serial object and than I created maintenance order this serial object but I don’t know how to this spare part purchasing or consuming in maintenance order.

Can this spare part be automatically consumed in the maintenance order?

Please help me to get any procedure for doing this above activity (or) share reference document.

Best regards

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, all consumption/purchaing of parts is done from the WO which is assocaited with the Maintenance Order.   Once the issue or purchase has been processed the value of these transactions will get reflected in the Serial Order History and the WO History pages.  

Correct way is to add the material item needed to the Task Card assocaited with the Maintenance Event on the Maintenance Order, this will then get passed to the WO.   But if the technician finds that they need different material then they can also add this to the WO Material List.    This can then be issued to the WO in the normal manner and the asscoaited issued and cost rolled up as stated above

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi ADTony,

I would like to know the answer also to Emre’s question.

I don’t know how to physically select the material from the spare parts list in the Material tab of a Work Order??? I’m not sure if it is even set up in our system.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Emre.IFS and @Cory 

I don’t know if this answers your question but a possible way to use the spare part list is this:

The example is from IFS 10 upd. 11.

You have a Serial Object with Spare Parts

When you then create a work order with the object 

Add a task

And create a Material Req. 

It is possible to use the RMB “Add Spare Parts from Object”

Enter the desired quantity and save

The lines are then added to the Material Req.