Solved

Expired MWO Survey on Mobile Device

• 21 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good afternoon,

we have a case where a mobile survey is showing on the engineers device within the e-forms. This survey is not a published survey and is not showing within IFS as a historical/closed survey.  Therefore there is no way of deleting the survey from the eForms library.  Can anyone suggest a way in which this survey can be deleted from the device. Many thanks for your assistance. 

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 21 September 2022, 18:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Unpublishing the Survey should work. You can see the default WHERE statement for the Survey entity in Solution Manager > Touch Apps > Configuration > Entity Details.

This starts as:

&0.objstate  = 'Published'
AND &0.closing_date >= SYSDATE

So if the Survey being unpublished doesn’t work try and set the Closing Date/Time to some time tonight (an hour ahead of the current date/time will work). This should then remove the eForm from the mobile users.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

And if I remember correct, you also need to initialize on the devices, there is not such a synchronization task. So worth to try that as well. 

Be aware the initializing the device will delete all transactions which were not synchronized back. So please check first the failed transactions for the applicable users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There should be no need to Initialize the device here. Once the Closing Date is changed the next time the batch sync will run and remove the data from the device. You can check the schedule of the batch sync in Solution Manager > Touch Apps > Configuration > Sync Rules

Cheers

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

ok, thanks @James Ashmore ! that sound good

Then forget my comment :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good morning - I have accessed the Solution Manager. Touch Apps etc. How can I be sure that the survey i wish to delete is the survey detailed below as there is no mention of the Survey Description - Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Entity Details show the details of the tables that will be created in the offline mobile database and the Default Where statement defines how the records will be fetched from the table to synchronize to the mobile app. You will not see actual data in this form.

If you want to restrict based on Description of the survey then you could create a Permission Set Filter to do this. This is all documented in the F1 technical docs. If you open the F1 help from the Entity Details page you can start reading about how to do this.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Many thanks all for your advice, very much appreciated. Issue has now been resolved.