Solved

Connect objects to mobile user in Aurena Native Apps

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
How to connect objects to mobile user in Aurena Native apps?
icon

Best answer by Dakshinie Wickramasinghe 1 October 2019, 12:19

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12
  1. Connect site to Group push user (IFSMAINTENGAPP / IFSSERVICEENGAPP) for each app
  2. Connect that site to mobile user
  3. Initialize the device
  4. All objects in the site will transfer to mobile

Please note that you have to connect site to app-user before connect it to mobile user
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

How do I connect a site to Group push user?

I found this screen in touch app config, but it’s not possible to change anything.

it has one line “user_allowed_site_tab”

Tks

Userlevel 7

Hi,

How do I connect a site to Group push user?

I found this screen in touch app config, but it’s not possible to change anything.

it has one line “user_allowed_site_tab”

Tks

1. Go to Solution Manager\Security\Users and find IFSMAINTENGAPP / IFSSERVICEENGAPP depending on which one you are using.
  2. Grant sites/companies the same way you would any other user.

Please keep these users inactive!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi anmise, tks 4 that..I found it..but let me explain one thing.

I did that for one customer and did not work. (No MWO installed)

I did that for other two customers and worked. the only difference is on TAS, there is the mwo installed and the check “sync all objects” marked.

Others customer that worked:

I think the mwo app is not linked to  MaintEngApp right?

Do you know something about it, if it’s a bug or really depends on doing that?

Tks a lot

Userlevel 7

mWO and Maintenance Engineer app are two different things. For mWO you need to tick the 'Sync all objects' on the TAS or setup Object Synchronisation in basic data. For Maintenance Engineer App (Aurena Native) you need to use group push. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Yes, tks 4 that. I’ll take a look forward on knowledge search or ask technical help, because if I untick ‘’sync all objects”, the objects dos not transfer to “MaintEngApp”.

Tks 4 your help. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7

Yes, tks 4 that. I’ll take a look forward on knowledge search or ask technical help, because if I untick ‘’sync all objects”, the objects dos not transfer to “MaintEngApp”.

Tks 4 your help. :thumbsup:

Sounds strange. Do you have both mWO and Maintenance Engineer app installed? Which update are you on? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I don’t have mWo installed.

I’m on 10.6.

Userlevel 7

I don’t have mWo installed.

I’m on 10.6.

That app you have highlighted is mWorkOrder (mWO) and not Maintenance Engineer/Aurena Native (IFS MWO Maintenance 10). The Aurena Native apps are only available in the stores (Play/App/Windows). Which one are you using?

For the one you have highlighted you either need to tick 'Sync all Objects' or configure objects you want to sync and run background job 'Refresh Sync Objects' and then re-initialize the device to get something on the app.

You setup object sync here: 

And you need to run this:

Maintenance Engineer App for Android is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifsworld.mworkorder10nextgeneam&hl=en

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

yes. 4 mWO works right in that way.

I’m using the app from the store. but no objects are transfered.

Already granted company and site to Group user.

even in windows not work.

Userlevel 7

yes. 4 mWO works right in that way.

I’m using the app from the store. but no objects are transfered.

Already granted company and site to Group user.

even in windows not work.

That’s very strange. Can you download the IFS MWO Service 10, activate and check if that works? (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifsworld.mworkorder10nextgenservice&hl=en)

A few more things to try:

• In the app, go to menu - > Settings → Clear Cache and then initialize the device.
  • Remove the company and sites from the IFSMAINTENGAPP user and then re-add them. Initialize the device.
  • Make sure that you have granted the Object Related activities for your mWO permission set:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

hi,

tks 4 reply and tips.

did what u told and nothing yet.

Also installed the service app and happens the same. No objects.

also have the permission set for MWO full and granted it to IFSowner user and also to IFS maint and service group push user.

Userlevel 7

hi,

tks 4 reply and tips.

did what u told and nothing yet.

Also installed the service app and happens the same. No objects.

also have the permission set for MWO full and granted it to IFSowner user and also to IFS maint and service group push user.

Stupid question, but have you actually clicked on Objects (Objetos)? There are two lists underneath and only one is counted (my objects). If not, please do and see if something is there.

The group push users should not have the permission sets assigned. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

yes. already clicked and no objects.

Userlevel 7

yes. already clicked and no objects.

Hm, sorry but I'm out of ideas. Log a case and let support investigate. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

yes. anyway, tks a lot for your attention and tips. Let’s see what they say.

Br.

Userlevel 7

yes. anyway, tks a lot for your attention and tips. Let’s see what they say.

Br.

No worries. Please report back when you learn what the problem is. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

ok. I’ll tell here what is the issue and solution

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, one thing i could see is that if I create a new object, it transfers to mobile, but after initialize, it disapears.

after init

really strange. do you know if there is some sync criteria for this?

tks

Userlevel 7

Hi, one thing i could see is that if I create a new object, it transfers to mobile, but after initialize, it disapears.

after init

really strange. do you know if there is some sync criteria for this?

tks

No idea, but it sounds strange. @James Ashmore , any ideas here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What UPD version are you running? In early UPD releases of Aurena MWO I know we have a problem with Grouped Push and translations. If you are not running in the same language - the Grouped Push User and Process and the mobile end users you will not see data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi James, I’m running UPD6.

I’m using bp language. I changed to english but no objects goes to mobile.

I have another customer that works right even in bp or en. 

One customer uses UPD5 and another uses UPD6.

Do you think if reinstalling the app could work? or you have another idea?

Tks for attention

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Reinstalling the App will not assist here. Grouped Push is a server process. The client will fetch from the server what the Grouped Push process has already collected for the User.

Can you check what data you have in Grouped Push Transaction Queue. You should see an Init record for your App. If you cannot see an Init record for your App then you have an issue with the Grouped Push process or data set-up.

Please read the F1 technical documentation “Administration Guide > Touch Apps > Configuration Guide > Synchronization Rules” and the section on Grouped Push for more details on the Grouped Push process

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I have Init there.

In out message, maybe this is the problem, the system is deleting the objects?

Look below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In Grouped Push Transaction Queue, on the Init record can you RMB and view Transaction Messages. Is this the data you are expecting to see?

In Grouped Push Filter Map do you see data for your User and App. If so, what is the language code?

Can you then check what the language code is for your mobile user?  Unfortunately we don’t display this in IEE client yet. You can check this by running the following SQL:

SELECT mdau.app_name, mdau.app_version, mdau.device_id, mdau.user_id, LANGUAGE FROM MOBILE_DEVICE_APP_USER mdau
WHERE mdau.App_name = 'MaintEngApp'
AND mdau.app_version = (select mav.app_version from MOBILE_APPLICATION_VERSION mav WHERE mav.app_name = 'MaintEngApp' AND mav.active = 'TRUE')
AND upper(mdau.user_id) = upper('<USER_ID>')

please replace <USER_ID> with your User ID