Question

Allow Multiple Devices for Touch Apps

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

How do we check the “Allow Multiple Devices” box for Touch Apps MWO applications? We are using IFS 9.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is a decision made at design time so it is a read-only field for informational purposes only.

In Apps 9 the MWO App does not support multiple devices per user.

In Apps 10 and IFS Cloud, MWO Service & MWO Maintenance Apps have been designed to allow support for multiple devices per user.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Follow up question. 

Our users are being assigned multiple devices even though they always use the same device to access the mobile app. We don’t know why new devices are being created for them. Especially since the “Allow Multiple Devices” box is unchecked for all application versions.

I posted a question about this previously in the community but received conflicting responses. Can you please review this community post and let me know if our user’s should be getting multiple devices? 

For example, the following user has 18 active devices even though she only logs in from her laptop and no other devices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This sounds like a bug to me. Could you raise a support case on this please?

If you keep using the same device then we should maintain the same device ID. If you switch to a new device then a new device record will be recorded.

Please note though, that although you have 18 active devices you only have 1 active Installed App/Device which is the combination (App/Version/User/Device) that is affected by the “Allow Multiple Devices” setting.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

thank you! we will open a support case