Would you be willing to express your opinion on IFS Document Managament here in the Community?

• 6 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi all Docman fans,

I work at IFS R&D with the IFS Document Management (aka “Docman”) functionality.

Sometimes we need input from customers (“Do they use X? How? Why? When? Would they like Y?”) and the only way we have is to ask our consultant colleagues.

I am thinking about trying to use IFS Community for this as well to get feedback from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.

This post is just to hear how big of an audience we have here.

If you are a regular user here and/or would like to participate in polls, questions etc from us, please like this post or, even better, add a comment below.

Thanks!

/Mathias

PS. And also, if you are interested in Docman, make sure to subscribe to this part of the community.

8 replies

Badge

Hi Mathias,

Subscribed as instructed :) . I’ll try to provide the view from the other side as much as possible and will try to promote DocMan as well.

/Sachintha

Badge

I am curious to see if/how IFS plans to incorporate the use of tags and other metadata, as well as the growing trend toward AI / ML.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@sjiggins Thanks for your comment! Did you mean in relation to Document Management, which this thread is about, or in general? AI/ML is a hot topic for us these days and I am sure you will see some news in this area soon, if you haven’t already.

Also, if you can elaborate a bit about “tags and other metadata”, it would be good. It’s an area we are thinking about too.

Thanks!

Badge

@Mathias Dahl Thank you for your response. Some context for my comment - Our organization is looking for ways to automate our AP process, so my thoughts around AI/ML - as well as tags and metadata - stem from that. Specifically using smart OCR to screen scrape and organize receiving documents and invoices from suppliers in a way that allows for extensive searchability.

I hope that helps. I look forward to hearing more about what you have in store for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the background info. I am personally not working in the AI/ML area, but I know others are doing cool things there. In the absence of tags (something I have been thinking about), you can use document folders as a way to categorize documents, if the free description fields, document class and format is not enough for you. Another option is to keep documents under dummy parent documents acting as the tags or categories.

If you want to discuss this more, a specific thread here about that would be better.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Subscribed as instructed :) . I’ll try to provide the view from the other side as much as possible and will try to promote DocMan as well.

Hi Sachintha,

Haha, that’s great! :) Not that Docman needs any promotion though, it practically sells itself… :-p

I’m glad you are here!

/Mathias

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

This is a great initiative.

Cheers

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

That’s a good step. I will be participating.

/Nimesh