Question

Work order EAM

• 14 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have a work order (created manually and not linked to customer order) which has consumed material from a PO that seems to be CSS Type EAM (booking status transferred).  The WO is connected to a project (the customer on the project is external).

I have examples in one of our other IFS companies which has not gone to EAM (so I am assuming it is not system set-up).

Can anyone suggest what the issue may be?  How can I check if the project is connected to a sales contract in IFS/Contract Management?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi JPryce,

CSS type will be set as EAM for all other scenarios except if the connected customer of the work order is an external customer or if the work order is connected to a project and the project in turn is connected to a sales contract in IFS/Contract Management

In order to see if the project is connected to a sales contract you can follow below steps.

• RMB on Prepare Work Order window
  • Go to Project connection> Activity
  • Under the connection tab check for object type ‘Sales Contract Project’
  • Here Object Key is the Sales Contract ID

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you.  I have checked and there is no sales contract connection so I assume they are correctly listed as EAM.  I thought this was the reason why GL transactions were not being created but I have checked some of our other IFS companies and EAM transactions seems to be the normal set up (which do result in GL postings). 

I am using posting control M50 for issuing material to work order.  I currently have the transactions (PO receipt, inventory, WO issue, etc) sitting in the Distribution and Manufacturing Postings Analysis all with ‘Status Description’ Completed. There is no error message but I cannot get a GL voucher number to appear (after running the usual transfers...inventory transfers, purchasing transfers, etc).  I am not sure what is going wrong and I would be grateful of any suggestions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi JPryce,

Please check the background job when you run transfer jobs (example: Transfer inventory transactions), you will get the background job error there. From the error text you will be able to understand what has caused. May be the user group is not connected to the voucher type for the accounting year. 

Hope this will help you to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Nethmini