Question

Work Order does not get removed from MWO mobile app

Badge +3

This is a customization, that requires a work order to be unassigned and removed from the mobile when the user updates a field from Report In screen in the MWO app. The workflow is:

1. User updates worked hours field and clicks save.
  2. Work Order is unassigned, and status is set to Released.
  3.  Background Job Mobile_Sync_Sys.Execute_Push_Sync_Job__ is created to remove the WO from the MWO app.
  4. WO is sent to PSO and received back to IFSAPPs
  5. WO is transferred to the mobile again.

The above workflow was working correctly but unfortunately it has stopped. What I found is that step 2 works correctly but the background job in step 3 is not generated.

I unassign the WO by using the Mobile_Work_Order_Util_API.Unassign_Work_Order method. This method will unassign the WO and a Mobile_Sync_Sys.Execute_Push_Sync_Job__ background job is automatically created. Strangely when I test this using PL/SQL developer this executes correctly and generates the BK job but not when I test using the MWO app.

I’m not sure why this is? Specially when this was functioning properly when tested earlier. I can confirm that normal push is working correctly and values are syncing between IFSAPP and MWO app.

I have also tried redeploying TAS and syncing the entity through the sync rules screen and Mobile_Sync_Sys.Sync_Now method.

IFAPP9 and MWO app version 3.18.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Senal,

In the Mobile_Work_Order_Util_API.Unassign_Work_Order there is a function to remove the mobile work order Mobile_Work_Order_API.Remove_From_Mobile which should remove the record from the Mobile_Work_Order_Tab

There is an push notification event that is supposed to run when data is created/modified/deleted from Mobile_Work_Order_Tab so I guess the first thing to check will be if the record is actually removed from Mobile_Work_Order_Tab. If its not removed I dont think a push job will run to remove it. That is also why it may not be working when you run the sync rule because its still available in Mobile_Work_Order_Tab.

/Ibrahim

Badge +3

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for your response. I have enabled the Mobile_Work_Order_API.Remove_From_Mobile function. 

I also checked the WO in the Mobile_Work_Order_Tab and the WO order is removed from it. 

/Senal

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Senal,

The default where for Active Separate is &0.WO_NO IN (SELECT WO_NO FROM MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_UIV). So does that mean even if you run the sync now for Active Separate from the Synchronization Rules window it still does not clear it from the mobile?

If the Wo_No does not exist in Mobile_Work_Order_Tab then it should be removed from the device based on the where condition. 

Best Regards,
Ibrahim