Solved

Using Quick Part Price with Pricing Rules

• 27 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

On the place screen, we have a “quick part price” button

Using this will show you the list price of the part but nothing more.

We have many part pricing rules in effect for specific customers but those numbers are only visible when adding the part to a part need. is there anyway to make this function work to look at those pricing rules? Doesnt look like it looks at the unit cost from the rule either.

icon

Best answer by Dhanushki Pahathkumbure 6 June 2020, 07:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@anmise 

do you have any insight on this? you’ve helped before with pricing rules

i tried to create a pricing rule to specifically look at the part quick price table but it doesnt show up in part pricing rules

Userlevel 7

@anmise

i tried to create a pricing rule to specifically look at the part quick price table but it doesnt show up in part pricing rules

Sorry, have not used this function before. It looks like it’s just searching for the price though? What are you trying to achieve?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@anmise

Sorry, have not used this function before. It looks like it’s just searching for the price though? What are you trying to achieve?

this feature shows you the unadjusted list price

i want it to show the discount pricing based on any pricing rules I have in place

it should do that under Bill price but it doesn’t  

I tried to create a pricing rule specifically for this (there is a table called quick part price apparently)

but it wasn’t an option in the part pricing rule

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Mike The FSM TechnoGeek - You’ve been on a roll with answering my questions so hopefully you dont mind me throwing some more at you. Any thoughts on this quick part price

i’ve gained some traction, realizing that my pricing rules are looking at the place ID of the request (in the map list ID). If i create a new rule it will show up on the quick part price. How can i update my old rules so that the price discount shows on this quick part price window as well as all requests (part need & usage)

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

We have many part pricing rules in effect for specific customers but those numbers are only visible when adding the part to a part need. is there anyway to make this function work to look at those pricing rules? Doesnt look like it looks at the unit cost from the rule either.

The quick part price will make the values visible as you define in un-adjusted price and price rule adjustments. And show you the newest. In below example, I have my part pricing specified list price = 230, and list adjustment = +21, and unit cost = 150 (have the cost type defined in your rule line as ‘standard’). In addition it will show if you have any special charges (screen > ‘special charges’).

If you are talking about the other adjustments like entitlements and benefit plans, yes those will only be visible when you use the part in requests where the specific contracts are selected that has the benefits and entitlements you select. Those will not be visible in parts since you cannot generalize those adjustments as they come in bundle with selected contracts. And of those exist, they will override the above part pricing rule.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The quick part price will make the values visible as you define in un-adjusted price and price rule adjustments. And show you the newest. In below example, I have my part pricing specified list price = 230, and list adjustment = +21, and unit cost = 150 (have the cost type defined in your rule line as ‘standard’). In addition it will show if you have any special charges (screen > ‘special charges’).

If you are talking about the other adjustments like entitlements and benefit plans, yes those will only be visible when you use the part in requests where the specific contracts are selected that has the benefits and entitlements you select. Those will not be visible in parts since you cannot generalize those adjustments as they come in bundle with selected contracts. And of those exist, they will override the above part pricing rule.

@DHPALK - So does the 1 pricing rule need to have, unadjusted, adjustment and unit cost all in one rule?

currently we have 1 rule that controls the list price & unit cost and multiple rules that handle discounts depending on the parameters. Some based off global name, Some based off global name and province etc

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Yes, that is okay. You do not have to have all in one rule. But make sure Cost Adjustment requires that a cost is found or input and List adjustment requires that a list price or flat rate price be found first in order to apply the adjustment. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@DHPALK  - i was able to re-create this however it only worked on one rule and i had to have the list price and the adjustment on it

Since we have different rules that apply prices via different parameters it wouldnt work this way. Would you be able to spare some time and review our rules via screenshare? perhaps it would help give a better look at the situation

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

@jbernardo Sure, we can spare some time. Please buzz me on outlook with an available time :). If it seems further analysis are needed to rectify those, we can decide if we should report a case for support. Sounds okay for you?