Question

trying to default document class on Work Orders

• 19 January 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

When a user wants to attach a document to a work order, I would like to default a specific document class.   

Logical Unit:    ActiveSeparate

In Document Basics → Document Defaults per Object tab, I add the LU Name ‘ActiveSeparate’ and enter the default document class as ‘Equipment’.  when I open the Work Order window and try and add an attachment, it is not defaulting.  I’ve defaulted many document classes on various window, but cannot get this one to work.   

Has anyone been able to default a document class on work orders?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Badge +2

Interesting, I’m in the same boat. All the others I’ve set up works but not the ones for ActiveSeparate

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Which update are you on ?

Badge +2

Update Eight

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Do you have any settings done on “Document Object Connection Default Values” page with respect to “ActiveSeparate” LU.?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, we have set up several Document Defaults per Object.   Some I’m defaulting the class based on the Key Ref of Company and other, just defaulting the document class.  

The only one that isn’t defaulting is the ActiveSeparate LU.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We running IFS EE Apps 10 Update 9

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Still wondering how to default document class on Work Orders.

Thanks

Badge +1

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Thanks

I’ve tried this too and I cannot get it to work in IEE. It does work in Aurena, so I’d recommend that you log a case to support for this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It could be bit late here so that you have already reported a support case. However, in this case you have to check whether any object connection transformation records defined for ActiveSeparate LU where “Source” as the Editable option.

For example, 

In such a configuration, new document connections will be registered for the Source. Hence we have 02 options to get the Default Document Class feature to work,

1. Set In-Active the relevant Object Connection Transformation record (if NOT required)
  2. . Define the  “Document Defaults for Object”  for the Source LU, in this case “WorkOrder.

I hope this will help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, I logged a ticket and was told to use the “WorkOrder” as the LU instead of ‘ActiveSeparate’.  I modified my Document Defaults per Object and am now seeing my default document class.  

The detailed explanation about the Object Connection transformation was:

If there are object connection transformations exist for Target LU - ActiveSeparate which are Active, the documents we connect to the target will be registered to the Source LU. Therefore, the default document class fetched will be the one which has been defined in Document Defaults per Object for the Source LU (if defined). If a default document class has not been defined for the Source LU there, as the Create New Document dialog is set to be used when creating new documents from attachment panel as I saw in your attached document, the default document class given in Document Default Values for Create New Document dialog (DB Column : DOC_CLASS, Object: Create Document Dialog ) will be fetched. This is the current behavior which is correct.

If you need to check this while the above mentioned object connection transformations are active, you can add records for both Target and Source LUs in Document Defaults per Object window giving different document classes and try to add a new document to the target (Prepare Work Order as in the reported scenario). The document class fetched will be the one you added for the Source LU due to the active object connection transformation. Now if you untick the Active checkbox for the above object connection transformations and try to add a new document to the target, the document class fetched will be the one you added for the Target LU.

To summarize the above WorkOrder is the LU that should be used in the Document Defaults per Object, since we have standard OCT rules where WorkOrder is the Source LU.

This is the behavior of the standard application.

Thank you and best regards,

Rashmika.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yes, I logged a ticket and was told to use the “WorkOrder” as the LU instead of ‘ActiveSeparate’.  I modified my Document Defaults per Object and am now seeing my default document class.  

The detailed explanation about the Object Connection transformation was:

If there are object connection transformations exist for Target LU - ActiveSeparate which are Active, the documents we connect to the target will be registered to the Source LU. Therefore, the default document class fetched will be the one which has been defined in Document Defaults per Object for the Source LU (if defined). If a default document class has not been defined for the Source LU there, as the Create New Document dialog is set to be used when creating new documents from attachment panel as I saw in your attached document, the default document class given in Document Default Values for Create New Document dialog (DB Column : DOC_CLASS, Object: Create Document Dialog ) will be fetched. This is the current behavior which is correct.

If you need to check this while the above mentioned object connection transformations are active, you can add records for both Target and Source LUs in Document Defaults per Object window giving different document classes and try to add a new document to the target (Prepare Work Order as in the reported scenario). The document class fetched will be the one you added for the Source LU due to the active object connection transformation. Now if you untick the Active checkbox for the above object connection transformations and try to add a new document to the target, the document class fetched will be the one you added for the Target LU.

To summarize the above WorkOrder is the LU that should be used in the Document Defaults per Object, since we have standard OCT rules where WorkOrder is the Source LU.

This is the behavior of the standard application.

Thank you and best regards,

Rashmika.

Good, we have closed the support assignment for RnD now.