Tip: Be careful when adding enumeration fields.

• 4 January 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Custom fields are used for more than one reason in many screens.
I wanted to give you information about the situation that may be overlooked in the process operation in the use of Enum (Enumeration), which is one of the current use cases, and it will be difficult to find the error in the future.
I will try to explain the current situation in detail by following the process steps.

1.) First, let's look at the values ​​of an enum field added in a standard way.

2. Let's delete any value in Enum from Enum menu and synchronize.In ordera-Pe check removedb-Enum Sonchronized
3- Even though the enum has been changed and synchronized, now when we open the Custom menu of the screen, everything looks synchronous as if the screen has not changed at all and compilation is not requested again.
Synchronization is not broken and the currently converted value is not displayed on the screen.

4- However, when we change the title of any Custon field on the current screen or when we add a new custom field, we will need to synchronize again when we break the synchronization process.

At this stage, when we say synchronize the screen, we will encounter the following error.

In fact, even though everything seemed to be in sync before the slight title change on the screen, it was on hold in the background, out of sync.- As a result of the tests I have done, you should go over the WTSTATE1 field and try Change and I realized that the error disappeared when all steps were proceeded by saying Next.- In this process, when the Internal Enum information is synchronized, the connected screens must be out of sync.- When we remove the confirmation from a value from the Enum and synchronize it, that value does not appear on the screens where the field is used. (Although it is not synchronized from the screen)

This topic has been closed for comments